Main Page: The Glimmering Butterfly Project
The Glimmering Butterfly Project is a personal initiative to embrace everything I learned through the Limitation Game video series created by Kyle Cease and the team at Evolving Out Loud. This is arguably one of the best personal investments I’ve made this entire year, if not longer. Easily on par with investing in my first dance lessons, Location Rebel, and other entrepreneurial tools.
Most motivational content for me is “helpful” but not impactful because I don’t take action with them. But I’m finally taking action with what I’m learning.
It’s slow. It’s sloppy. And it’s far from perfect. But I’m finally pushing things into motion, step by step.
I “got on the treadmill” and did the exercises, as Kyle said, and this project is the aftermath of me embracing everything I learned from the series.
One of the FIRST lessons I learned, which I “taught myself,” through one exercises in the series took less than a minute.
We just had to sit for a minute and be with ourselves, no distractions, and “take your fear and ask whatever is beating your heart what it thinks about it. Just listen to it for a minute.”
And the message I got from the heart?
“I AM THE GUIDE. LISTEN TO ME. WE ARE A TEAM. LET’S GO TOGETHER.”
And that hit me pretty hard. I’ve been trying to get myself to a point where I wanted to be self-driven, self-disciplined, self-confident … I didn’t want to rely on others.
And here, a whispering voice in my heart was saying that I already have everything I need. If I have a question? I can just ask the heart.
I got that in … one. fucking. minute. … of listening to my heart.
I didn’t need outside validation or direction or approval — I had myself and my heart, one in the same, to help me get to where I want to go. I didn’t need some outside circumstance to give me permission: I wasn’t alone, I had what I needed already.
When the video series was over, I had this intense energy bridling up within me. I know that a part of it is there because I had just experienced something phenomenal in the span of 2-3 days. So many notes. So many exercises. So many incredible takeaways.
So much … personal freedom.
But I knew that energy would fizzle away should I not do something with it.
And I’ve waited long enough in my life.
I’ve waited long enough.
It’s time to take flight. Beautiful, scary flight into the unknown. Into opportunity. With the heart as my guide.
This project is my attempt at chronicling my best efforts at living as a butterfly.
I don’t do this for you or anyone else. This project is entirely for myself.
So why even post it online? Accountability, mostly. Although I don’t have any personal investment in whether or not you or anyone else reads it, the simple act of putting it out there is a step taken towards living with this newfound knowledge of myself.
I’ve added leverage in the form of a “contract” to help me really embrace what I learned and to stay true to my word.
While this project is 100% for myself, if you feel inspired to join along on your own quest or you want to reach out, by all means say hello. (:
A snippet from a Kylego during the Limitation Game …
… You began with your Butterfly Project, but it had some incredible outcomes that you couldn’t even fathom at the time. For one, it changed YOUR life in ways you didn’t even anticipate.
By sharing your truth, by chronicling your journey, you found a certain energy and drive within yourself that you have been longing for for years. And you had it. You always had it, but you finally opened yourself up so that you could actually embrace what was already inside you.
You started doing so many things off your Left Page.
And not only did it affect you, but it had a positive impact on a lot of people around you. People praised you for your willingness to step into your truth and to embrace your fears and to speak and act from the heart. People began to look up to you for what you were doing and they wanted to genuinely follow and listen to what you had to say. They wanted to be a part of it.
And any time you had something you needed, a specific skillset, a service … there was always someone within a call, within a post, within a message away that was willing to provide it. Someone was always there for you. Always.
I remember in 2018 you had that grand new vision and it took your life into a very new and exciting direction. And by exciting I mean fulfilling– normal, but fulfilling and impactful.
And then Burning Man… I remember watching you prepare for that event. Just the preparation to go to Burning Man was an incredible spectacle. Through the Evolving Out Loud series and initiatives and the preparation for Burning Man, they both allowed you to really connect with yourself on a really fundamental way. You became fearless and courageous. You lived in your truth every day. Your limitations and insecurities rarely phased you and you were always in your heart.
And by the end of 2018…
I remember you being a different person than just a year ago. … You were so warm and so kind to everyone, no matter who they were. You just spoke your truth and you were always so tuned into people and gave them your attention. You were kind. You were light. You served. You helped. You inspired.
A glance at just a few of my ambitious, crazy heart-felt Left Page ideas …
- I want to be a Champion level West Coast Swing dancer.
- Yeah, but … I wasn’t born a dancer. I don’t have tons of money to pour into training. I’m not disciplined in my practice. There aren’t a lot of people around that are as super-interested in going “all the way” with West Coast Swing.
- I want to go to Burning Man in 2018 or 2019, whether I go alone, with a group, or find a theme camp.
- Yeah, but … It’s expensive. I don’t know what I need to do to prepare. I’ve never done anything that big (and dangerous). I haven’t taken care of myself like that before. I might have to justify/explain why I want to do it. I’m afraid of being judged.
- I want to be a creative.
- Yeah, but … I don’t have the skills. I don’t know what I want to be creative about. I don’t have a lot of money to throw at creative endeavors.
- I want to feel free, independent, confident with myself, and be able to express who I am, the things I want to do, what I believe in, etc.
- Yeah, but … I haven’t done that before, consistently. I’m afraid of what people iwll think. I’m not sure who I am and who I want to be? My voice gets all shaky and incoherent at times.
- I want to be full of light, happiness, fun, and be playful. I want to be a bundle of joy, love, and excitement.
- Yeah, but … “That would be weird.” I’m afraid of what people would say or I’m afraid of being judged. People know me as “quiet, reserved, or shy.” I’m so sedentary in my life. I’m too afraid to be expressive. I have a very dark past and mindset at times.
- I want to be around more people who are tapping into their hearts and living out their life. (:
- Yeah, but … I don’t know who they are. I don’t know if they would be interested. I’m afraid I would have to move somewhere to find those people or never be able to find/connect with them.
- I want to create Connection Cove.
- Yeah, but … It’s an expensive, long-term endeavor. I don’t have the resources available to create it. I don’t know how to incorporate it on a small scale. It requires other people and I don’t know if those people would be interested.
This is just the beginning.
I don’t want to spend a lot of time going over why I’m doing this or what’s happened in the past.
I’m present and forward focused.
Simply setting the stage for myself and to have something to look back on in 30 days.
If you’re intrigued or want to collaborate on a similar quest of your own, reach out to me and let me know!