I couldn’t narrow down my Top Questions to just 10, which makes sense that “fluidity” was a theme in some of my questions. I spent a lot of time “narrowing down” my questions. I had over 150+ questions to start and many of my “top” questions were a series of 2-5 questions each.
After spending some time digging into them, clarifying them as much as I could, and extracting the “most central” question out of each, I came up with 13.
Rather than perfecting and over-analyzing for any more time, I’m calling this “finished” and reminding myself that I can come back to this and refine throughout time.
Better to use the questions rather than perfect them and never actually use them, right?
My Top Questions of 2022
- What flag am I carrying as I traverse this field today? — How can I take ownership and responsibility in my life today to become more sovereign and take initiative in my life – instead of “waiting” for life to happen?
- What small-dharma (dragon, cave, opportunity, or calling) am I avoiding that I could humbly address today? (What “announces itself” to me?)
- What are the shrouded/quiet qualities and desires of my authentic, shameless self that I can embody more of today – proactively with courage (and less hesitation)?
- What kind [inner] language/dialogue can I use to be more encouraging, optimistic, compassionate, curious, understanding, and loving of myself and others?
- Am I present with the inner dialogue in this current experience, creation, or thought — or am I engaged with The Eye’s criticisms and ruminations on future encounters?
- Am I experiencing a trauma response or masking right now – and need to calm my nervous system to better mono-task or communicate honestly?
- Is this STORY I have about myself, this person, or this situation the BEST that it can be?
- Who am I without the internet?
- How can I simplify this?
- Instead of overwhelming myself by “taking in or saving” so much, what is going to significantly contribute to a greater tomorrow that I will realistically do?
- Soul, how am I called to show up in this situation or how can I embody my purpose as I know it today – while I seek to uncover my soul’s true purpose?
- What does fluidity and presence look like to me?
- Am I looking people in the eyes, speaking slowly, being honest, and asking curiosity- and meaning-driven questions?
Find Your Top Questions
Try the 100 Questions exercise by Leonardo da Vinci. It’s one of my favorite exercises to do every year.